From software engineer to professional photographer. Meet Garima

Story of a passionate photographer, army wife, entrepreneur, IT drop out and a sweet mom. Well the woman of this independence day was this professional photographer Garima Dixit.

A photo bunch flaunting emotions of army men with there family hit the millions of hearts through social media. Each and every photo was speaking tonnes of stories and were raising respect towards our army men. Garima had selected each pixel wise.









Specialty of Army Pics

  • All the models are either real Indian army men or their family.
  • Entire photo shoot took 3 months
  • For a change its not about the harder part of the Army men's life, instead it is such moments which they and there wives always craves for.

Here are the snippets from our chit chat with Garima

Is Garima Dixit a hobby photographer?or a professional?

 I started as a hobby and now a professional photographer.My real journey of giving life to these fleeting moments began after the birth of my daughter. I suffered from PPD post giving birth to my little one. Photography then became my window to this world. Once I shared the Cake smash pictures of my daughter's first birthday on a Facebook mommy group,  people liked it so much that I started getting requests from so many moms to get their babies clicked. That was the start of my journey in photography world.  For me clicking pics of my daughter and other kids is like a breath of fresh air, it fills my nerves with positivity and those innocent smiles ensure I am each day excited for a new challenge and adventure. Many of my pictures are recently published in world's renowned digital magazines like 'Inspire', 'Highlight' and 'Gallery of Refined arts'.Photography is not just my passion, its life for me. My day starts with thinking how to creatively add colors to this mundane life and what exciting can I capture today. I have always been a creative soul so photography is just an extension of my persona and soul. 

How did the Army family photo bunch idea came up?

  It was purely my idea .  I am an Army wife and  can relate to these emotions very well. My husband and daughter share a special bond and she wants her dad all the time when he is around. But there are times when duty comes first and he has to go out for long duration. I remember the time when he could not even attend her first and second birthday . He was very emotional and sad, but at the same time strong enough to not let us feel that sadness. I used to feel those emotions and think about how hard it is to miss your child's first birthday. Same thoughts started popping up in my mind when I used to see a jawan on duty who is away from his family or those who even miss the birth of their child.There are many such stories that I come across in my day to day life. We see so many pictures of our men in Olive greens with a gun in hand and an iron heart but no one sees their soft side. So I thought why not to do a series of photographs where I can show that our Army men are human beings first and someone's husband/son/daughter/ father.

What do you do in your free time? Apart from photography
 My favorite hobby apart from photography is singing. I have also completed my Bachelors in Music (Classical Singing).

Can you show us the cake smash pictures from where you started photography

 Sure. Here are the first birthday cake smash photoshoot pictures.






Recent works of Garima




Find more on following Facebook pages



All about Garima Dixit
Garima Dixit had worked for around 12 years as Business Tech Analyst who basically hails from City of Gwalior. She had left the job to stay with her husband, who is an army officer.  Currently she is  located Jammu. She travels all over the country for photoshoot works. One can contact her through twitter or Instagram in order to get the photo shoot done.Contact Garima here




At last Team Book Review wishes All the best for this phase of her life and expects more masterpieces in coming days .
And to hoppers from engineering to photography, choice is not at all bad. Stick ...there is one fine day you too can become Garima.

All photos here are sole property of Garima Dixit and has been used on her permission.



Comments

Popular Posts